Wednesday, April 6, 2011

15 Minute Observation

For this blog I had to observe a spot that wasn't my project site. This was done so we could get a lot more practice taking notes and observing people. I chose to observe the weight room at Kelly gym, which completely differs from the Tinsley gym. In the Kelly gym there wasn't really a big amount of people because it inst really a people friendly environment. Its small and hot which isn't real ideal for people who want to get a good workout. I noticed that the people that are there, are there to really get a workout because the equipment isn't that great and there aren't really a lot of mirrors to look at yourself but they still were working out with no distractions. I also noticed that most of the guys in there were wearing Bridgewater Football apparel, so I'm guessing that's the gym that the team uses. You get a completely different feel in this gym compared to the Tinsley gym because the music is so loud and there isn't really enough room for you to fool around so if you aren't focused in this gym, it is really easy for others to catch you slacking off because you will just be sitting around in a small gym. I saw a kid drop a 5 pound weight on the side of his shoe and he was in a lot of pain. He was looking around to see if anyone saw what he just did, but when he looked at me, I just looked away because I didn't want to seem like a creep. I would trash talk the Kelly gym, but is def worth the money you pay to use it. (Free gym.)

No comments:

Post a Comment